Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Some Like It Hot





My husband and I love Netflix. It's definitely given us the chance to see a lot of movies that aren't always readily available. So, we began adding classic movies like The Graduate and Casablanca to the list. I added Some Like It Hot to our queue, because I knew that it was filmed at the Hotel Del, and I had never seen a Marilyn Monroe movie before. I liked the movie even more than I had expected. Many scenes were filmed in the Crown Room, where I've coordinated events in the past. It's really neat to know that my Hotel Del beach weddings have shared a little bit of sand with Marilyn:) Can you recommend a movie filmed in San Diego?
The first image is from Helenna and Travis' wedding this past January. The image is courtesy and copyright of Marissa and Weston, of Boucher Photography.

No comments: